This Love List is dedicated to things that have nothing to do with my life in China at the moment. It’s been that kind of week.
- Vancouver. I’ve been there twice. Dramatic scenery, politically progressive, rich cultural history, diverse population, excellent cinnamon buns.
- Radiolab. Everything I know I learned from this podcast.
- Train travel. If you’re in the US, I recommend the Capitol Limited from DC to Pittsburgh.
- Going to baseball games on the fly. I don’t know anything about baseball teams, but I always like picking up a pair of nosebleed tickets for $10 and rooting for the team of whatever stadium I’m in. I make an excellent, spontaneous fan.
- Isadora Duncan. A free spirit. I did a biographical presentation on her for my whole 6th grade class wearing one of my mother’s night gowns.
- Manischewitz macaroons, original flavor. They are delicious, remind me of my grandma, and come in a giant can. My grandma was a woman who appreciated things that came in cans.
What’s on your Love List, dear readers?